Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Welcome to my mission blog! I never thought that I would create one of these but I figured that with the growing amount of sister missionaries I should post helpful ideas to those sisters who want to serve.

Now a little bit about me, my name is Tori Janzen, short for Victoria and I currently live in northern Virginia, about 25 miles outside our capital. I am the youngest of 4 kids and also the only daughter/sister. My brothers all went on missions, one to the Knoxville Tennessee Spanish speaking mission, another to the Denver Colorado North mission, and one more currently serving in the Phoenix Arizona Spanish speaking mission. So I'm the last one to go and I cant be more excited to serve in the Nicaragua Managua North Spanish speaking mission! I leave October 16 to the Mexico MTC where I will be taught the Spanish language. I did take a few years of Spanish in high school which I'm sure I'll learn again all on the first day.

So what I want to use this blog for is to post places to buy missionary attire. I must admit this has been the HARDEST part of my mission experience yet. The reason it has been so hard is because I am 6'1". Most skirts come in  21 inches and dresses come in at 41 inches which comes to about my mid thigh! For skirts and dresses to work they have to be at least 26 inches for skirts and 46 inches for dresses. For all you tall sister missionaries stick around as I post my "fashion" post on where to get those extra tall skirts, shirts, and dresses. So don't freak out!!! I promise there are long skirts out there you just need to know where to look. Trust me, my mom and I did a lot of praying to find clothes that would work.

I am also planning on having my lovely mom post my letters from the mission so if you're interested at all to see what MTC life is like or how my mission is going just stop on by.

Before I go I would like to share this amazing scripture I found today:
"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength  I can do all things; yea, behold many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." ~Alma 26:12
I love this scripture and the honesty it gives saying that yeah we're all weak and nothing but hey through God's power in strengthening you, you can do anything, within reason of course :) Also I like that it states that we need to praise our God because he has given us so much and blessed us so much.

So long everyone and see you next time

P.S. check out my friends Sister Hicks and Sister Heyer's blogs who are both serving in Brazil!
Sister Hicks- sistercourtneyhicks.blogspot.com
Sister Heyer- sisteremilyheyer.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment